Thursday, March 3, 2011

March Poem

I received my first entry into the March contest. It is in poem form, but I'm letting it slide because it was pretty convincing! 


Dear Kate,
Why do you hate me so
I should be your favorite you know

I have 31 days of pleasure
maybe not for a teacher of school
I am as rich as a leprechaun's treasure
I am not the month that make you a fool

I bring you the gift of spring
you can watch the best college basketball
so what if I don't have a song you can sing
I know I make you want to pound your head into the wall

I am the month where winter is almost over
that along should make you cheer
I am the reason there is a lucky clover
not to mention I give you green beer

I am sorry you have to work without a break
I know those are 20 very long days
But I bring you leaves, but not to rake
I might even throw you a snow delay

So Kate, now I will share my greatest power
You will no longer hate me so
I can make you set your clocks up an hour
I will be your favorite month you know

Mr. March



If you would like to enter the contest. Click here for the requirements or Click here to submit your entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment