Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday - 5pm

We are all familiar with the feeling. It's Friday, you just got out of work, maybe you have plans for the weekend, maybe you don't - it doesn't matter. All that matters is that you don't have to be back at that damn place until Monday morning. You finally get to be yourself for 2 entire days. You get to wear what you want, say what you want, get up when you want - it's the weekend!


So my question to you is both a simple and a personal one. What is the song that you listen to to celebrate, this the most glorious of moments in the week? I don't have a standby song right now. I have two albums that I tend to go to when I need to/want to pump it up. They are Alicia Keys 'As I Am' and Jason Mraz 'We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things'. Both are a few years old, but no matter how many times I listen, I can't imagine being sick of them. Alicia I use when I am a little ticked and need to vent some attitude. Mraz is more for when I'm feeling upbeat and hyper. Full disclosure, I skip past the opening instrumental track on 'As I Am' and go right to the empowering 'Go Ahead'. After listening to this one I find myself with head cocked ready to start a fight. Mraz on the other hand opens perfectly with 'Make it Mine', a song that is so upbeat and catchy that there is no way you could listen to it without feeling happy. In fact, I challenge you to try. I also challenge you to watch the video and not find Mraz charming. What a life.


If I asked this same question in a month it could be totally different, but it's doing it for me right now. What about you?

2 comments:

  1. The old lover in music in me would say I heard a rumor by bananarama (sp) I have never got tired of that song since the first time I heard it in the 80's but now the new lover of contempory gospel would you the weekend to get ready for my worship on sunday and now it would be nicol spongberg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bananarama! That's a great one. I will have to check into Nicol Spongberg.

    Jennifer, I am impressed with your dedication to your Friday routine! When did you start doing this and do you ever switch up the discs? Metallica and The Beatles is definitely a unique mix!

    ReplyDelete