Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wanna Be Startin' Something

I figured that it was only right to have the first post be related in someway to the word 'start'. When I thought about songs that have start in the lyrics, MJ immediately came to mind. I know that there are mixed feelings about the King of Pop and that's fine. I'm hoping that this won't be a place for us to judge music, but rather just learn the stories behind it and share our own connections with it. So, hopefully you can put your 'razor tongue' aside and just have some fun.


Some song info - It was released in 1983, so it's been around practically my whole life. This was one of 4 songs that MJ helped to write on the famous 'Thriller' album. He wrote it with Quincy Jones as a song for sister Latoya originally. Apparently, she was having some trouble with her sisters-in-law. She sometimes sings it now in concert. Like him or hate him, its definitely a 'get you pumped' kind of song.


So, why this song? I'd love to tell you something really deep, but it was just the first song that popped into my head. So here's where you get to participate. What song with 'Start' in the title would have been a better song to start the blog with and why? Bonus points if you can explain to me what the hell MJ is singing about at the end of the song!


Lyrics


Live Video

No comments:

Post a Comment