Thursday, July 24, 2014

I'm Back

Well, it's been a little over two years and I'm finally back into my 'musical Kate' shoes. I won't bore you with the details of where I've been. Suffice it to say, I had recurring back troubles that made it almost impossible to play guitar, so I watched a lot of TV instead. Anyway, I'm back. My back is back, and I'm eager to make up for the two years lost on my 'Mixed Tape' project. I've put the final edits in, and the final copy is being reviewed by the publisher right now. I am eager to spread this project to the world, and tell you the stories behind my own songs.

In honor of my comeback, I've decided to tell you some fun facts about one of the most popular 'comeback' themed songs out today - On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons.

1. This song was licensed for a soccer video game in 2013, one of the band's favorite games.

2. The PS22 Chorus sang this song at President Obama's 2nd inauguration.

3. At the end of 2013, this song peaked at position #26 on the US Billboard Hot Rock Songs Chart


So enjoy this great comeback song. I know I'll be humming it to myself as I put the finishing touches on my project!