Sunday, May 29, 2011

Job Songs

I haven't written in a long time for 3 main reasons. I will go into depth about each reason over the next few days. Today, let's start with reason #1 - I've been busy preparing for a job interview. 

I am a teacher currently and I teach 2 subjects to grades 5-8. Needless to say, it is pretty overwhelming. The job I was preparing for is only 1 grade level with 2 subjects. The curriculum also focuses on the 1950's to present day history as well as Government - which couldn't be any better for me if I had planned it myself. Focused song study is definitely in the cards for next year. Anyway, so the good news is - I got the job! The bad news, I've been neglecting my followers!

So in honor of my job interview and subsequent job offer, I thought I would talk about songs that might help pump you up in your search for a new job, or that you might listen to on the way to your interview.

The best list I found was on the BINC Blog, and features everything from Van Halen to Miley Cyrus. Personally, I didn't listen to any of these songs on the way to my interview or while getting ready. I listened to Jason Mraz's new 'Life is Good EP', which I've become quite obsessed with. (Partially because one of the songs was recorded at a concert I attended, and partially because I just love Mraz).

What about you? What song has pumped you up on the way to a job interview?

...and good luck if you are or you'll be on your way soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment